Tuesday, March 24, 2020

The secret of a great shoeshine unlocked!

I love leather shoes. In fact, I do not wear any other shoes but leather ones. I am also quite obsessed about wearing shiny shoes and have invested fairly in cleaning and shoeshine paraphernalia.

However, I could never match the shine that my professional friend Nandu can work up on a shoe. Nandu, in my opinion is the best shoeshine in Delhi. He is available outside the Bata showroom on the radial road from the inner circle in CP (D block), next to Khan Chacha.

Until now.

This Sunday I discovered that if you spray the shoes with generous amount of Colin (glass and surface cleaner), then dry it off with cotton cloth and let it stay for some time. Then lather generous amount of wax, work it in the pores of the leather and let dry. Then use a shoe brush to gently polish all around. At the end, sprinkle few drops of water on the shoe and on clean cotton cloth and vigorously rub the cloth on the shoe to get an amazing shine. A mirror shine! As good as Nandu's!

Colin is no magic potion. It's just a mixture of isopropyl alcohol, monoethanolamine and Butyl Glycol that cleans and dissolves.

Here is the proof of the fruit of my labour.

PS: You should still try Nandu. I usually call him to ensure he is available. Here is his number: 9560643511. Yes, go ahead and verify on Truecaller.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home